Best smartphones are not always expensive. with the current fast changing technologies, prices of most smartphones have drastically reduced thanks to technological advancement that produces better and cheaper tech products.
It is always a good idea to do a quick feature and price comparison between different products before making a purchase. Sometimes , you may just be having a price limit of the phone you need. In this post we have a look at low priced smartphones of under KShs 5ooo. The specific features of importance we consider are:
- Phone (RAM) Memory– This is a temporary memory from which all phone programs are loaded and easily accessed for use when certain prompts are made. The higher this memory the faster the loading speed of a phone and the lower the chances of hanging. we recommend phones of at least 1Gb RAM memory.
- Phone internal Storage (ROM) Memory – This is the internal storage space of a phone. it dictates the amount of data and apps that you can run on the phone. the bigger this memory the more the apps you can install and run on your phone. We recommend pones of at least 8Gb ROM.
- Front and rear camera- Most smartphone have inbuilt front and rear cameras with rear cameras having more pixels than the front cameras. we recommend phones cameras of at least 8 Mega Pixel (MP) on rear camera and at least 2 MP in front cameras
- Number of Sim Card slots- This dictates the number of sim cards that you can insert into your phone at any one particular time. the more the sim slots the better if you prefer some.
- Screen display size- Most screen sizes of smartphones range from 4.0″ to 6.6″ The bigger the screen size the better the display however, some people prefer phones with smaller size that better fits into their pockets.
- Battery Capacity– Lithium ion cells are most often used to power smartphones.What most people forget while buying such phone is checking on the capacity of such batteries; the higher the capacity of the battery the longer the phone would run after fully being recharged. We recommend phones with at least 2000 mAH
- Phone Operating System (OS)– Common operating systems of smart phone are android from Google, Iphone’s IOS from Apple, Symbian from Nokia, Windows OS from Microsoft, Bada from Sumsung, Brackberry OS from blackbery and Mee Goo OS from Nokia & itel. We recommend Googles Android OS and the reason is very simple, they are low priced hence commonly found in African market. Phones running on Apples iOS are mostly 4 to 10 times higher priced compared android phone of comparable features.
- Make- There are many different manufacturer who make nice smartphones. we only recommend trusted makes that last long and are easy to repair just in case its damaged. The manufacturer must provide at least one year waranty for the product
Based on listed criterion above, hear are our recommended low priced smartphones of under Kshs 5k.
1. X-Tigi V15.
- Android 8.1
- 5.0” FWVGA TN
- 16GB ROM + 1GB RAM
- 5MP Rear with flash, 2MP Front
- T-card(Micro SD): up to 32G
For under Kshs 5000, perhaps this might be the best phone you would find in the market today. It has the latest version of Android operating system Android 8.1 this means that most problems of earlier versions have been solved or improved since every version comes with better functional capabilities and improvements. It has an internal memory of 16 GB this means you have plenty of space to store yours stuffs before you would start thinking of external memories. It also support T- Card (Micro SD) of up to 32 GB.This provides an option to extend your memory further.
The camera feature of this phone is excellent at its price, with 5MP rear camera and 2MP front camera each with flash capabilities. This means taking selfies will no longer be a big deal. Owing to its large internal space, you will not be limited by storage space anymore. It is therefore the best phone we can recommend for amount less 5k. Due to its high demand, The price may increase anytime soon or it might just run out of stock very soon. You need to get it while its stock exist.
2. Oukitel C10
- Screen Size: 5.0″
- OS: Android 7.0
- 8GB Storage, 1GB RAM
- Camera: 2MP Rear with flash, 0.3MP Front
- Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Oukitel C10 is a relatively a new brand in the market, If you are looking for a sleek design with enhanced display capabilities, then you need to give this phone a a look. Its internal memory is 8 Gb, rear camera is 2MP with flash and 0.3 MP Front camera. The battery capacity is 2000mAh to last long.
- Phone under 3K
Viwa i7 – 8GB – 512MB RAM – 2.0MP Camera – Dual SIM – 3G – 1500mAh
- Screen size: 4.0 inches
- OS: Android Marshmallow
- Main camera: 2.0 MP, Front of the camera: 0.3 MP
- Internal: 8GB, RAM: 512MB
- Capacity: 1500mAh
Most popular Phones
Infinix HOT 6 (X606D) – 6″ – 16GB – 1GB – 13+8MP Dual Camera – 3G
- 1GB Ram
- 16GB Rom
- FingerPrint Sensor
- 6″ 18:9 Display
- 4000mAh Battery
TECNO Camon X Pro- 6.0″ – 64GB – 4GB RAM – 16MP Camera – 4G- (Dual SIM)
- Display Size: 6.0 Inch
- 64GB Internal, 4GB RAM
- Operating System: Android OS, v8.1(Oreo)
- Camera: 16MP Back + 24MP front
- Battery Capacity: 3750mAh
Four Mobile S610 Shine
Fourmobile S610 Shine – 5.5″ – 3GB + 32GB – 18MP
- 5.5″ HD Screen
- 32GB Internal storage, 3GB RAM
- 3G/ 4G LTE
- Dual SIM
- 18MP Rear Camera, 8MP Front