Solar panels are the most economical power sources so far because, once installed properly, they have very little running and maintenance cost. In addition they have zero emission hence are perfect source of green energy.
Technology has made it really easy for solar panels to be manufactured at a relatively lower cost hence present day solar panels are relatively cheaper than it was a few years ago.
While shopping for the best solar panels, you will come across terms like poly-crystalline and mono-crystalline solar panels and most likely wonder which ones is the best. Here is a quick difference between them and how to easily recognize them.
Mono-crystalline solar panels are easily recognized by their round shaped wafers and their bright colors due to use of pure silicon. They have higher power efficiency hence tend to be a bit smaller in size, The have a longer lifespan usually of 25years. They are best in low sunlight intensity areas due to their high efficiency. Their cost tend to be higher due to higher cost of producing pure silicon crystals.
Solarmax 100W MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL 12 VOLTS MULTICOLORED
- Good performance in all weather conditions
- Corrosion resistant sturdy aluminium frame.
- advanced encapsulation and multilayered sheet lamination enhances cell performance and ensures long service life.
- bypass diode reduces power drop ensuring good performance even in poorly lit conditions.
- the highly transparent anti-reflective, low iron tempered glass provides impact good impact resistance
- Maximum charge up to watts/current: 100W.
Poly-crystalline Solar panels on the other hand are easily recognized by their squire shaped wafer, They are easily manufactured by melting raw silicon and cutting it into squires no need to purify it. Due to this, these solar panels are relatively cheaper compared to Mono-crystalline solar panels. Their efficiency is low and this is compensated for by increased sizes for same power output hence they are usually larger in sizes compared to mono-crystalline solar panels of the same power output.
Solar Africa Solar Panel 40W Polycrystaline
- Polycrystalline Solar Panel will be the perfect start for your solar power system, or a great addition to an existing one.
- It can power anything from on-grid homes to larger off-grid projects such as cabins and work sheds.
- You won’t have to worry about installation with the multiple mounting options available for these panels.
- Off-Grid Rooftop / Ground Mounted. Residential / Rural. RVs, Trailers, Motorhomes, Caravans, Boats, etc. 12V / 24V / 48V Battery Charging (depending on the wiring method).
- 72 Cell Poly. Amphenol H4 Connector. 15A Fuse. 1500 VDC.
Best Low Cost Solar Products